When It Was Cool Daily Retro Pop Culture News Update
Send Tips, Press Releases, and News to: email@example.com
- Marvel Comics is bringing back the Fantastic Four. Marvel Comics posted on their website that the Fantastic Four is finally returning in their own comic book series this summer. A statement on their website read, in part, "After a spacefaring foray into the unknown, Marvel’s First Family returns this August with FANTASTIC FOUR #1. Written by Dan Slott with art by Sara Pichelli, Mr. Fantastic, the Invisible Woman, the Thing, and the Human Torch reunite this summer." Fans of Fantastic Four may enjoy our Marvel Universe in Order Podcast series.
- Artist John Royle has hit it out of the park with his cover for the upcoming issue 254 of IDW Comics G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero comic book. He posted a full picture of the artwork on Twitter - here. It contains some amazing classic G.I. Joe imagery including the S.N.A.K.E. armor!
- The Wrestling Observer website has posted the following WWE WrestleMania week schedule for the USA Network.
WWE Raw and SmackDown go-home shows on Monday and Tuesday. In addition, there will be three more hours of WWE programming on the USA Network. A special that looks at the greatest moments in WrestleMania history will air on Thursday, April 5th at 8 p.m. Eastern time, a one-hour version of the 2018 Hall of Fame ceremony will be shown at 10 p.m. on April 7th, and the second hour of the WrestleMania pre-show will be live on the USA Network, which is in addition to its other platforms. This year's Hall of Fame ceremony takes place on the Friday of WrestleMania week, with the full version airing live on the WWE Network. Goldberg, The Dudley Boyz, Ivory, Jeff Jarrett, Hillbilly Jim, Mark Henry, celebrity inductee Kid Rock, and Warrior Award recipient Jarrius "JJ" Robertson will be honored.
- The sit-com revival of Roseanne was apparently a giant ratings success. Even President Donald Trump personally called Roseanne to congradulate her. According to an article at Deadline.com, "Roseanne made a triumphant return Tuesday night, blowing past projections with a 5.2 adults 18-49 rating and 18.2 million total viewers for the debut of its revival, which remarkably drew 10% more viewers than the original series finale 21 years ago."
- Apparently there is a theory that Casper the Friendly Ghost is actually the ghost of Richie Rich. This is the kind of news you can only hope to get at When It Was Cool. Apparently, this theory has been around a while but I'm just now coming across it.
- When It Was Cool would like to welcome back Uphill Both Way's host and regular contributor to our website Joseph Perry to the United States. He has been living in South Korea for the last decade. Today's When It Was Cool Network Podcast is Uphill Both Ways which features he and Mike Imboden discussing the cultural differences between the two countries and more.
- Speaking of Joseph Perry, he has contributed this concert review of Ought from Portland, Oregon.
News contributions from: Karl Stern (@WIWCool)
If you found this article interesting consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how When It Was Cool keeps our website and podcasts online, plus you get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!
If you don't want to use Patreon but still want to support When It Was Cool then how about a one time $5 PayPal donation? Thank you!