When It Was Cool Daily Retro Pop Culture News Update
Send Tips, Press Releases, and News to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When It Was Cool is sorry to have to report the death of former WWF WWE star Johnny Valiant (also known for a while as Johnny V). I had the opportunity to interview Johnny Valiant years ago. His best known work was in the WWF as part of the Valiant Brothers tag team with Jimmy Valiant and later Jerry Valiant (Guy Mitchell). He was also a manager for a while during the Hulkamania era of the WWF before going to the AWA for a while. The 71 year old Valiant, real name Tommy Sullivan, was killed while crossing the road in poor weather conditions. More details are in the video below. He was a member of the WWE Hall of Fame.
- For UFC fans, apparently Conor McGregor lost his mind and crashed the UFC press conference today to the degree he had a warrant issued for his arrest. Here is the Wrestling Observer news story on it- here.
- Karl Stern from When It Was Cool is the guest for the next two episodes of the fantastic Joe on Joe Podcast. The first episode dropped yesterday so check it out and show Joe on Joe and the G.I. Joe fandom some love! Check it out- here.
- Wayne Kramer from MC5 is planning a 50th anniversary tour celebrating Kick Out the Jams. Read about it here.
- Today's When It Was Cool Network podcast is the flag ship free When It Was Cool Podcast episode 46 talking a ton of classic rock and pop topics including the hot new Greta Van Fleet, Styx, The Eagles, REO Speedwagon, Britney Spears, KISS, Collective Soul, Bush, Stone Temple Pilots, Funko Cereal, toys and prizes in cereal, and much more! Check it out here and spread the word!
If you found this article interesting consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how When It Was Cool keeps our website and podcasts online, plus you get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!
If you don't want to use Patreon but still want to support When It Was Cool then how about a one time $5 PayPal donation? Thank you!