Shogun Warriors Godzilla and the Broken Handle Fix
The When It Was Cool collection contains a classic 1970's Shogun Warriors Godzilla and like many (if not most) surviving Godzilla's the level which worked the fire breathing function had been broken years ago. Here's a video of our Godzilla and you can see the problem.
Well I have finally found a solution. The great Megos & Movies eBay seller now is offering replacement Godzilla handles. I purchased one of these at the very reasonable price of $8.50 plus $3.59 shipping. The piece arrived very quickly and was a breeze to put in.
- There are four screws holding Godzilla's head to his body. Simply remove those four screws and remove the head.
- Gently pry the head apart. The head will split into two halves which are held in place by two or three pegs inside the head. Just gently begin working it apart and soon you should be able to simply pull the head apart.
- The fire breathing apparatus is in two pieces and the broken handle is held to the main piece by one metal peg.
- You will have to take a nail slightly smaller than the metal peg and take a hammer and gently tap the peg until it drives back far enough to remove the broken piece.
- Once the broken handle is removed, simply replace it with the new handle and gently drive the metal peg back in place.
- Press the head back together and return the four screws and the job is complete.
Here is the finished Godzilla:
If you found this article interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!