Weekly Round Up September 27, 2016
Hey everybody! This is our first weekly round up on the website for WhenItWasCool.com. This is a handy spot to make sure you haven't missed an article, or podcast, or video this week. It is much appreciated if you Tweet out this page or post it on social media (there are handy links at the bottom of the post for that). Here is what has happened so far this week.
- We have worked hard on getting our When It Was Cool Podcast out to everyone. You can always directly download it or listen to it here on the website on the Podcast Page. Or, you can subscribe to it on iTunes. If you listen on iTunes please write us a quick review! It is a very big part of the process of getting us ranked higher. We are also now on Stitcher in case any of you use that excellent app to listen to podcast. Our shows are also available on our YouTube channel as well! If you would like to see us on other platforms please drop us a recommendation!
Here are some direct links in case you want those:
Libsyn podcast page - http://whenitwascool.libsyn.com/
iTunes show page - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/when-it-was-cool-podcast/id1155572736
Stitcher show page - http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=100334&refid=stpr
RSS feed - http://whenitwascool.libsyn.com/rss
- Karl Stern has also reviewed a few classic and current comic books this week including Marvel Comics Civil War 2 Issue 5, DC All Star Comics 15 from 1942, DC Comics The Flash Issue 6, DC Detective Comics 940, and Marvel Comics The Avengers Issue 3 from 1963. Rest assured there will be more comic book reviews coming of both classic and current comic books.
- Speaking of "more to come" we went to our first Halloween Haunted House Attraction of the season visiting Alabama's Arx Mortis and we have a review.
- Tonya from When It Was Cool writes her first article about a creepy and really sad doll by Hasbro called Little Miss No Name so check out that article.
- Karl Stern writes about one of his favorite songs of all time which has sort of a Halloween theme to it. Witch Hunt by Rush off the Moving Pictures album.
- This week would have been the 99th birthday of Mexican wrestling (lucha libre) and movie legend El Santo.
- There has been a lot of good compliments about this When It Was Cool article- Peter Cetera was a liar.
- We are working on more videos and features for our YouTube channel and right now we have posted a few videos looking at Karl Stern's classic 1980's G.I. Joe action figure collection including Cobra Commander and the original line of G.I. Joes.
- Karl also reviews in article form his 1970's Shogun Warrior Great Mazinger.
- And finally our review of the Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, and Tesla concert. Our next concert is in November where we will see Stevie Nicks in Nashville.
We certainly hope you will support us and our projects. Please leave a review on iTunes, follow us on social media, link to our site, and certainly consider a donation to the site! Thank you!