- 5 tablespoon butter, no substitutions
- 12 to 15 Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1 and ½ cups self-rising flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into cubes and place in 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Allow butter to melt.
- Remove pan from oven and randomly place crumbled Oreo cookies in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1 ucp granulated sugar, vanilla, and milk. Stir to combine, but do not over-mix.
- Pour mixture evenly over cookies.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar over batter.
- Gently pour hot water over batter and cookies in the dish.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Allow to cool and set 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!