Red Velvet Earthquake Cake
- 1 Duncan Hines Red Velvet
- cake mix
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9x13” baking dish.
- Spread pecans, coconut and then chocolate chips in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Spread over top of chocolate chips.
- Melt butter and cream cheese over low to medium heat in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar and whisk to combine.
- Spread powdered sugar mixture over top of cake batter in baking dish.
- Smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes and tent with foil.
- Bake an additional 30 -45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store covered tightly.
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!