SWEET CHILI PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
• 1 330 g bottle sweet chili sauce
• 1 8 oz can chunk or crushed pineapple in juice
• 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
• 2 cups fresh red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (optional)
• 2 cups fresh pea pods (optional)
• 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (optional)
• 2 tbsp corn starch (optional)
1) Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.
2) Pour chili sauce and pineapple with juice over chicken
3) Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-9 hours.*
4) About 45 minutes before serving slice chicken into ¾ inch slices and stir the chicken back into the sauce.
*If you prefer a thicker sauce, combine 2 tbsp of cornstarch with 1/8 cup of cold water until there are no lumps and stir into sauce. It will thicken as the mixture continues to cook.
5) Place your choice of vegetables on top of the chicken mixture. Continue cooking in slow cooker on high until vegetables are tender crisp. (This is a good time to put your rice on to cook too.)
6) Serve over rice.
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!