Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (and also homemade Yum Yum sauce!)
I tried this recipe last night and it was a hit! There were no leftovers to speak of. My youngest son complimented me on it just today saying "that stuff you made last night was excellent "... #ProudMomMoment
Beef & Broccoli stir fry
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges(I left this out)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.(I did this step by putting it all into a freezer bag & shaking it till well coated)
- In a large skillet or wok(I used a wok) over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Homemade Yum Yum sauce
I made this and we had it with our stir fry, but this sauce Iives up to its name by being absolutely "yummy" on just about everything...!
Yum yum sauce:
- 2 Cups of Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- 3 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ Cup of water
- 1 tsp Siracha or other hot sauce.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl – may add extra sugar to taste. Best of you Allow to sit in refrigerator for a little while to chill before serving.
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!