Poor Man's Soup
• 1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (I used ground beef)
• 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies (or Rotel)
• 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
• 6-8 potatoes peeled and diced
• 1 small onion diced(optional)
• 6 beef bouillon cubes
• 8 cups water
• salt and pepper to taste
• I also added small elbow pasta(optional) & 2 small cans of tomato sauce
1 Brown meat on stove top and drain grease. Combine all ingredients, heat over low for about an hour. Add salt and pepper to taste and voila- dinner’s served! Enjoy this low-cost meal, which makes enough to serve a family of four for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.
2 This can also be prepared for the crockpot. Simply brown the beef or turkey and combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3 Fresh ingredients can also be used if you have them....
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!