Easy Strawberry Cake
I made this strawberry cake a few days ago. It's more like a strawberry desert that has cake in it. I found this recipe online and since my husband is a fan of fruity flavors I decided to give it a whirl, because after all, it was labeled "Easiest Strawberry Cake".
Mine turned out exactly how it looked in the recipe, my husband enjoyed it, it actually could've used cool whip on top as well (if I make it again that's a must) it did, however, live up to its title as "Easiest Strawberry Cake".
This would be a great desert for a hot summer day. Or a go to dessert when you're in a rush.. OH! Another plus is that it is no bake! It's not that pretty but it's good. If I were grading this desert I'd probably give this one a B+. Make it and let me know WHAT you think!
Easy Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 ring Angel Food Cake (store-bought)
- 1 large pkg. Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 small container frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip) & I'd buy 1 extra to top it with
- 1 large pkg. frozen strawberries
- Break 1/2 of the angel food cake into chunks and put in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Mix Jello in a bowl with 2 cups boiling water.
- Add strawberries immediately and stir. (Stir till melted if still frozen, so do quick while waters still hot)
- Stir in spoonfuls of Cool Whip until well mixed.
- Spoon 1/2 mixture over angel food cake in dish.
- Repeat layers and set in refrigerator for several hours.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately. Top with cool whip for more flavor!
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!