Sausage, pepper & rice skillet
- 1¼ c. short-grain white rice2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package smoked sausage
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1¼ c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1½ tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan, cook rice according to the package's directions.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high. Once the skillet is hot, add the oil. After the oil shimmers, add the sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers , saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside with the sausage.
- Add the tomato paste and about ¾ cup of chicken broth, whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute, then add the paprika and cayenne.
- Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, & pepper until combined. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve immediately.
If you find these articles interesting please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. That is how we keep our website and podcasts up and running plus you will get lots of bonus content including extra and extended podcasts, articles, digital comics, ebooks, and much more. Check out our Patreon Page to see what's up!